Climbing Arborist Wanted
Climbing Arborist – contract
Full Time, 35 week contract (to cover Parental Leave)
Tree Care for People Who Care About Trees
We are seeking an experienced Climbing Arborist to cover a parental leave (October 2020-Jun 2021). We are a steadily growing company and though this is a temporary contract, we do see possible potential for a permanent role in the future. This is a rare opportunity to experience Island life at its finest in the beautiful Comox Valley, and work with a well-respected company with strong values and a genuine love of nature.
- Do work you care about!
- Ethically run, values-based company, with a well-established team. We care about our people just as much as we care about the work we do.
- 100% locally owned and operated
- Located in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island
Love trees? So do we…
GROW Tree Care is a family-run arboriculture company that prides itself on quality tree work. We emphasize the integration of trees within the urban landscape and in finding the balance between the client’s objective and the health of the tree. We work to ISA standards, including tree retention and proper pruning techniques. We take special care and pride in our client relationships, and value work-life balance for the team very highly.
The Climbing Arborist reports to the Crew Manager, and has responsibility for:
- Tree care services, including removals and pruning over 14’
- Performing and overseeing operations at job sites
- Safety at the job site
- Communicating effectively with clients at job sites
- Mentoring other crew members
You might be the ideal person if:
- You enjoy working with people as much as you enjoy working with trees
- You love solving challenges and puzzles
- You believe in nurturing a happy coexistence of humans and nature
- You’re friendly and professional
- You have a passion for pruning and high-quality tree work
- You have an ISA Certification and 4+ years climbing experience
- You have a valid BC Driver’s License
Why should you apply?
This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated, skilled team with shared values and to engage in varied, interesting work. GROW Tree Care believes in supporting a healthy work-life balance for its team so they are able to enjoy the amazing community we live in, and run regular, fun teambuilding events and nurtures a healthy working environment for the whole team.
GROW Tree Care is located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. There is a vibrant arts and food community, and a multitude of year-round sports and outdoor activities for all ages. Local business is thriving, and throughout the year the valley hosts a variety of activities and events.
How to apply
If you think working with GROW Tree Care is right for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Saturday, August 15, 2020.