Tree Care for People Who Care About Trees
GROW Tree Care is living up to its name. We are growing and it’s time to add a Manager to our arboriculture team. This is a newly created position to help us manage an increased volume of work.
- Do work you care about!
- Competitive compensation package
- Ethically run, values-based company, with a well-established team. We care about our people just as much as we care about the work we do.
- 100% locally owned and operated
- Located in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island
Love trees? So do we…
GROW Tree Care is a family-run arboriculture company that prides itself on quality tree work. We emphasize the integration of trees within the urban landscape and in finding the balance between the client’s objective and the health of the tree. We work to ISA standards, including tree retention and proper pruning techniques. We take special care and pride in our client relationships, and value work-life balance for the team very highly.
The Manager reports to the Owner of the company, and has responsibility for:
- Leading and managing a team of approx. 2-4 climbing and ground crew
- Climbing Arborist duties
- Job and site management
- Working with clients to meet their needs, including sales, estimates, and follow up
- Scheduling work and overseeing maintenance of equipment
- Staff training
The Manager takes an active role in the tree and ground work that the crew undertakes, and provides hands-on training and coverage for other staff.
You might be the ideal person if:
- You enjoy working with people as much as you enjoy working with trees
- You love solving challenges and puzzles
- You believe in nurturing a happy coexistence of humans and nature
- You’re friendly and professional
- You have a passion for pruning and high-quality tree work
- You have an ISA Certification and a minimum of 5 years climbing experience
- You have a valid BC Driver’s Licence
- TRAQ (Tree Risk Assessment Qualification) and estimating/management experience would also be an asset
Why should you apply?
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated, skilled team with shared values and engage in varied, interesting work. The Manager will be fully supported in learning and development by the company owners, who are fully involved in the day-to-day running of the business. GROW Tree Care believes in supporting happy and healthy relationships at work, and run regular, fun teambuilding events and nurtures a respectful working environment for the whole team.
GROW Tree Care is located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. There is a vibrant arts and food community, and a multitude of year-round sports and outdoor activities for all ages. Local business is thriving, and throughout the year the valley hosts a variety of activities and events. GROW Tree Care believes in supporting a healthy work-life balance for its team so they are able to enjoy the amazing community we live in.
For candidates considering relocation from another area, we will consider some flexibility over start date to ease the relocation process.
How to apply
If you think a career with GROW Tree Care is right for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to office(at)growtreecare.com no later than 12:00pm PST Friday, May 24, 2019.