Full Time, Permanent
Tree Care for People Who Care About Trees
GROW Tree Care is living up to its name. We are growing and it’s time to add 2 Arborist Techs to our arboriculture team. Want to pursue a career in arboriculture? This is an entry level position, and an ideal way to make a start in this field with a highly respected company.
- Do work you care about!
- Competitive compensation package
- Ethically run, values-based company, with a well-established team. We care about our people just as much as we care about the work we do.
- 100% locally owned and operated
- Located in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island
Love trees? So do we…
GROW Tree Care is a family-run arboriculture company that prides itself on quality tree work. We emphasize the integration of trees within the urban landscape and in finding the balance between the client’s objective and the health of the tree. We work to ISA standards, including tree retention and proper pruning techniques. We take special care and pride in our client relationships, and value work-life balance for the team very highly.
The Arborist Tech position is the foundation of all Arborist positions at GROW. The Arborist Tech has responsibility for:
- Climber Support – aid the Climbing Arborist in climbing operations and assist with rigging
- Debris Management – maintain a safe drop zone and deal appropriately with debris
- Pruning, stump grinding, chainsaw use
- Dealing with clients in a positive, respectful and professional manner
- Equipment maintenance
You might be the ideal person if:
- You enjoy working with people as much as you enjoy working with trees
- You have an interest in pursuing a career in arboriculture
- You love solving challenges and puzzles
- You believe in nurturing a happy coexistence of humans and nature
- You’re friendly and professional
- You have a valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Chainsaw or previous groundsperson experience is an asset
Why should you apply?
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated, skilled team with shared values and engage in varied, interesting work. This is an entry-level position and no previous experience is required – training will be given. We believe in developing the skills and knowledge of our team members so their careers with GROW can progress.
GROW Tree Care believes in supporting a healthy work-life balance for its team so they are able to enjoy the amazing community we live in, and run regular, fun teambuilding events and nurtures a healthy working environment for the whole team.
GROW Tree Care is located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. There is a vibrant arts and food community, and a multitude of year-round sports and outdoor activities for all ages. Local business is thriving, and throughout the year the valley hosts a variety of activities and events. GROW Tree Care believes in supporting a healthy work-life balance for its team so they are able to enjoy the amazing community we live in.
How to apply
If you think a career with GROW Tree Care is right for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Saturday, August 15, 2020.